Some tips that I have read along the way while installing and using my Sandisk SSD. Will add on more if I come across it again.
A little bit of background on my usage:
- Run my Laptop 24/7. I have an external fan. Semi poweruser.
- Run torrents 24/7. Love to download different types of Linux OSs to try.
- Not a hardcore gamer or video person.
- I have a number of external harddrives: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB used for backing up roughly around once a month (or to my pleasure)
Use Windows 7
Ability to disable disfragmentation and superfetch. Fix partition alignment automatically.
Setup Hibernation instead of Sleep (this helps save battery life)
since SSDs are now quicker in retrieving data from the SSD rather than HDD
- Disable Disfragmentation (on XP or Vista)
Disable Indexing on the SSD
since SSDs are quicker now, it is unnecessary to maintain an index of…
View original post 266 more words