Mobile computing allows you to store documents, photos, video, and more within the cloud. However, many people have been hesitant to do so because of security concerns. The good news is that security is becoming stronger as mobile computing continues to grow and transform the way we live and do business.
5 Tips to Keep Your Information Safe
1. Create strong passwords that use a combination of letters, symbols, and numbers. To boost security, use a phrase or sentence that you’re sure to remember, or use the first letters of each word in a favorite quote.
2. Never use the same password on all of the sites you visit.
3. Don’t store personal information, such as your password or credit card information, on your computer, tablet, or smart phone, or on a website that you visit frequently.
4. Install anti-virus software, which will protect your computer and personal information from passing along viruses or spyware in the event of a hack.
5. Make sure that a website is secure. Look for a padlock at the bottom of the web window, or look at the address bar to make sure that the Web address begins with “https”.
©2012 Buffini & Company. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
LGK JUNE E-REPORTS